Christos Pallantzas is one of the most relevant artists from Greece. Also recognized at international level as one of the most refined examples of “Contemporary Master”. Pallantzas was born in Larissa, Greece, in 1962. He studied Painting at the Athens Academy of Fine Arts, under Dimitris Mytaras, Nikos Kessanlis and Dimosthenis Kokkinidis ,from 1982-1989. He has been awarded by the French Government with a grant of the Ecolé Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts de Paris at the atelier de la peinture of Pierre Carron, where he refined his artistic research and attended his post graduated studies. Pallanztas has studied in depth the great masters of the past and metabolized certain creative processes, but he expresses himself in total autonomy, strong in his vision of reality and his great ability to transpose his inner universe onto the canvas. Today many of his s works can be found in the Greek National Gallery, the Benaki Museum, the Florina Museum, the Kouvoutsakis Art Collection, the Frissiras Museum, the Agricultural Bank of Greece Collection, the Heracles Group of Companies Collection, and other private museums and collections in Greece and abroad. Moreover, his work was selected as representative of Greek Contemporary Art during the Olympic Games of 2004.
- 1991 Paris, France-Gallery Bernanos
- 1993 Athens, Greece - Skoufa Gallery
- 1996 Athens, Greece - Heracles Group of Companies Calendar
- 1996 Megara, Greece- Heracles Group of Companies Calendar
- 1996 Athens, Greece - "Art-Athina " - Skoufa Gallery
- 1999 Athens, Greece - Skoufa Gallery
- 2000 Athens, Greece - Ekfrasi Gallery
- 2004 Athens, Greece - Skoufa Gallery
- 2004 Athens, Greece- “Art-Athina “- Argo Gallery
- 2005 Nicosia,Cyprus, C. K. Art Gallery,
- 2009 Nicosia,Cyprus, C. K. Art Gallery,
- 2014 Athens, Greece –“Art- Athina”- Alpha C. K. Art Gallery
- 2014 Nicosia, Cyprus, ALPHA C. K. Art Gallery
- 2016 Athens, Greece - ''if you were here''(EI HΣ ΩΔΕ) - Evripides Art gallery
- 2017 Nicosia, Cyprus, ALPHA C.K. Art gallery
- 1989 Athens - "Athens - Plastique Arts 1989"
- 1989 Athens - "3rd International Meeting for the Protection of Environment"
- 1989 Athens - "Fine Arts School Graduates"-National Institute of Research
- 1991 Athens, Vlassis Frissiras Collection, Pierides Museum - Cultural Center of Athens City Hall
- 1991 Paris, France - "Artistes du Monde" - Gallery Bernanos
- 1992 Rhodes & Zakynthos, "Vlassis Frissiras" Collection - Pinacotheque Rhodes City Hall - Byzantine Museum.
- 1993 Nicosia, Cyprus - "The Midwest Group of Companies and the Dutch Association of Cyprus (NVC)".
- 1993 Hydra, Greece - "Young Greek Artists"
- 1993 Piraeus, Greece - "Young Greek Artists"- Astrolavos Gallery
- 1995 Athens, Greece - "Homage to El Greco" National Gallery
- 1996 Athens, Greece - Ledra Marriot Hotel
- 1996 Chios - Volos, Greece - "HERCULES Group of Companies Collection"
- 1996 Nicosia, Cyprus - ARGO Gallery
- 1997 Salonica, Greece - Cultural City of Europe - City Hall Art Gallery.
- 1997 Nicosia, Cyprus - Hilton Hotel
- 1997 Nicosia, Cyprus - ARGO Gallery
- 1997 Larissa, Greece - Cultural Center of Modern Art
- 1998 Brussels, Belgium - West Europe Union, (cur. Ath. Schina)
- 1998 Athens, Greece - Zoumboulakis Gallery “12 artists are painting for the "SANTE Calendar"
- 2000 Athens, Greece - Ekfrasi Gallery “Personal Relations”
- 2000 Thessaloniki, Greece - Epsilon Gallery
- 2002 Athens, Greece - Skoufa Gallery “Red”
- 2003 Ledra House, Nicosia – Cyprus
- 2003 Athens, Greece - Skoufa Gallery ,“Art Relations”
- 2003 Athens, Greece - Cultural Center of Athens City Hall
- 2003 Athens, Greece - Cultural Olympics, (cur. Peggy Kounenaki)
- 2004 Athens, Technopolis Gazi, “City of the Games”, (cur. Ath. Schina)
- 2004 Nicosia, C. K. Art Gallery, Cyprus
- 2005 Athens, Peri Technon Gallery, “Masks”, (cur. Iris Kritikou)
- 2006 Athens, Athens College, “Penelope Delta”, (cur. Iris Kritikou)
- 2007 Athens, Benaki Museum, “Birthplace”, (cur. Iris kritikou)
- 2009 Hydra, Historical Archives Museum, (cur. Fivi Paraskeva)
- 2010 Athens, ‘’Human Measures’’, Melina Mercouri Foundation, Municipality of Athens,(cur. Iris Kritikou)
- 2010 Sifnos, National Gallery, “New acquisitions”
- 2010 Athens, Skoufa Gallery,’’ Synsthesis-synesthisis’’
- 2010 Instabul, Turkey, “Tracing Constantinople”, (cur.Iris Kritikou)
- 2011 Athens, Athens Plaza, ‘’Six Views’’, (cur. Iris Kritikou)
- 2011 Thessaloniki, Atrion Gallery, “Man matters”, (cur. Iris Kritikou)
- 2011 Athens, Skoufa Gallery
- 2012 Athens, Frissiras Museum, ‘’Face to Face”, (cur. Th. Moutsopoulos)
- 2013 Athens, Frissiras Museum, “ The Deceit of the Flesh”, (cur. Th. Moutsopoulos)
- 2013 Athens, National Archaelogical Museum,” Offer”, (cur. Manos Stefanidis)
- 2014 Korea, Seoul, International Korean Art Fair.
- 2014 Italy, Lecce, Galatina, A 100 Gallery, ‘’Desiderata” (cur. Lorenzo Madaro)
- 2015 Italy, Lecce, Galatina, A 100 Gallery, ''It's all about paper'' (cur. Lorenzo Madaro)
- 2016 Instabul, Turkey, ''Balkan Breeze'' Summart Art Center (cur.Ozlem Alecakir)
- 2016 Thessaloniki, Greece, Nitra gallery
- 2017 Athenes, Greece '' Eros Iros'', (cur. Iris Kritikou)
“The paintings of Christos have something of unattanaible. Just beautiful, executed with great skill, the more you look at them the more they bring back to mind this or that great painter of the past. But it is a moment and then we start again to meditate, to investigate, to try to see this or that reference. The truth is that Pallanztas has studied the great masters in depth, understood the lesson, he has metabolized certain creative processes, but expresses himself in total autonomy, strong in his vision of reality and his great ability to transpose his inner universe onto the canvas. And then that atmosphere in his paintings...Look at these girls curled up on a chair or lazily stretched out on a sofa and feel the heat that pervades the room! Look at the painting without emitting the slightest sigh to avoid disturbing the tangible silence that reigns in that place! Vilhelm Hammershøi came to mind in the game of cross-references, but the Danish northern contrasts the intense colors of the Mediterranean environment of Pallantzas,in a play of light and shadow, of detail and nuance. And if the visions of the artist are wonderfully colored, everything that he puts under our gaze, a body, an interior, a set of fruits, is never completely clear and defined and never gives us back a sense of complete belonging to the real world. Basically, we know that we are dreaming!”
(Extract from the critical text by Sergio Buoncristiano "Another reality, Contemporary Visionary Art")”
"Great artists are never really labelable. Pallantzas less than many others. He portrays people for what they are... Better yet, as he knew them, without any pretence of objectivity, without wanting to entrust any particular message to their paintings. Indeed, without entrusting it to a particular framework, but rather, implicitly, to the totality of one's work. "To shake us the painting must not limit itself to remembering life, but having its own".
So what does Pallantzas paint? We can choose to look and not think or to think as we watch or let the image speak through our eyes. The strength of Pallantzas painting is interpreting and being able to represent, penetrating even into the territory of the unconscious because art implies life."
(Extracted from the critical text of Nunzia Perrone, for the catalog of the personal Exposition: ΕΙ ΗΣ ΩΔΕ (ΕΑΝ ΗΣΟΥΝ ΕΔΩ) at Evripides Art Gallery, February 9th 2016, Athens, Greece)